Food processors are great when you don't have the space for a heavy duty mixer. They make all kinds of kitchen chores super easy but most people don't realize they make bread and yeast doughs, too!
Best food processor for bread dough
Using a food processor for bread dough might not be your first idea if you're used to using your hands or a mixer. However, you'd be surprised at how much easier it makes mixing and kneading dough!
Read on to learn how one of the most common kitchen appliances can be revolutionary when it comes to making bread dough, pizza dough, and even cookie dough. The collection below lists the best food processor choices on the market today.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
GE food processor (12-cup)
GE makes a great food processor for many reasons. However, it’s my top pick for making bread dough because it comes with a special dough blade.
This processor boasts ease of use, a powerful motor, and a pulse button, as well. Plus, not only does it include an adjustable sliding disc, but there are three additional discs that come with this appliance for a variety of different kitchen uses.
The GE food processor is a large-capacity appliance, so you'll have no issue getting what you need out of it for a large family! If you're looking for something at an affordable price, this is a great balance between value and price point.
Cuisinart food processor
Whether you're mixing cups of flour, pie dough, egg whites, or chopping fruits and veggies, this Cuisinart food processor is a great option for home kitchens everywhere!
This appliance has versatile, unique features, including the ability to mix small quantities and chop full fruits or vegetables via the large feed tube. Plus, it can really cut down time on your dough-kneading process, as well. This food processor also comes in a 14-cup large-capacity option in case you're looking to mix up quantities of dough fit to feed an army (or, a very hungry family.)
Braun FP 3020
A well-known and well-established brand, the Braun FP 3020 is a 12-cup food processor and is generally viewed as one of the best on the market.
It has a large bowl perfect for mixing both dry ingredients and wet ingredients. The metal blade attachments are ideal for all sorts of uses and stand the test of time—no matter how many loaves of bread you need to make this year!
Despite a powerful motor, you won't have to worry about any loud noise coming from this machine. One of its main selling points is an ultra-quiet motor. This is great if you tend to cook while the kids (or other family members) are napping.
Overall, the Braun FP 3020 is a high-speed food processor that offers both quality and utility, making it a great addition to any kitchen.
Tips for choosing the best one for you
- Look through all the safety features of each appliance before you buy—some have more than others!
- The phrase “higher speed” doesn’t always mean “better.” Do some research to see if you'll even use the extra high speeds. Most of the time, a traditional 3-speed processor will work just fine for an at-home chef.
- For best results—every time you cook—look into a food processor that is easy to take apart and wash once you're done using it. After all, easy-to-clean kitchen appliances are hard to find, but make all the difference!
- Give yourself a budget and stick to it. There are many different price tiers when it comes to choosing a processor, so you should be able to find one on almost any budget.
The metal blade is all-purpose and is great for making all kinds of doughs!
Believe it or not, a food processor is a little better for making yeast dough than a mixer because it's faster. It's also easier to store and can handle many, many kitchen chores.
A 12 to 14 cup food processor is best for bread dough.
Recipes to try
- These 30 Minute Dinner Rolls are sure to be a hit for any party, dinner event, or potluck!
- Check out this Jiffy Honey Cornbread recipe for an easy, delicious twist on classic cornbread!
- This Rustic Italian Bread is great for sandwiches, pasta nights, and more!
The most important thing to remember when choosing a food processor for bread-making is to find one that fits your budget, your needs, and your cooking style!
Have you used a food processor to make bread dough before? If so, what are your tried-and-true tips? Share in the comments below!
Leave a Reply