This the easiest bread recipe ever but the best part is that no one will know it only took about 10 minutes of prep time!
❤️ Why you'll love it
- This is so easy a beginner can make it!
- No need to knead the dough - you can mix it by hand.
- Broken oven? Too hot a day to bake? This cinnamon raisin bread recipe uses the slow cooker instead!
If it's your first time making crock pot bread you are in for a real treat.
This is an "at a glance" list of ingredients. You'll find the list and the measurements in the printable recipe card below.
- Measure all-purpose flour into a large mixing bowl and add spices.
- Mix the flour and spices together.
- In another large bowl, add the yeast, milk, melted butter, honey.
- Stir the yeast and wet ingredients together and let the mixture rest.
- Stir the oats into the bowl with the yeast mixture.
- Combine the oat mixture with the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Add the raisins and gently fold them in.
- Place dough into the prepared loaf pan.
Crockpot cinnamon raisin bread can be kept for three to four days in the refrigerator.
Or, you can wrap leftovers in plastic wrap and freeze them for around two months.
🧑🏻🍳 Baker's notes
⭐ Expert Tip: Make sure your milk is warmed to 90-95 degrees F to properly bloom the active dry yeast. Too cold and activation will be delayed. Too hot, however, and you risk killing the yeast!
- Make sure your pan fits in the slow cooker.
- There's no need to use bread flour in this recipe - all purpose flour is fine.
- If you are vegan (or dairy-free) you can substitute almond milk or oat milk and vegan butter for the dairy.
- Don't forget to keep a damp dish towel draped over the slow cooker after you turn on the heat. Simply rest the lid on top of the towel, without worrying about latching it down. This will prevent moisture and condensation from dripping off of the lid and onto the top of the loaf, ruining the crusty bread.
💡Great Idea: Substitute dried cranberries for the raisins for a seasonal update!
If you've ever made soft, homemade bread, you'll remember the step about letting the dough rise in a "warm spot." By adding a hot cup of water to the slow cooker and covering it with a towel, we create a warm environment that speeds the rising time up to about a half hour!
I don't recommend it! Whole wheat flour can make a recipe denser, and sometimes it even requires more liquid. In this homemade bread recipe, I encourage you to stick with all-purpose for the best results!
You'll also want to try this Dutch apple bread.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
No Knead Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- slow cooker
- 1 ¼ cups milk 90° to 95°F
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast. 1 envelope
- 1 cup quick oats don't use old fashioned oatmeal
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup hot water for the slow cooker
I earn a commission from Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- Butter a 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan and set aside. For this one. Make sure it fits in the slow cooker before proceeding.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the milk, melted butter, active dry yeast, quick oats, and honey. Mix and let it sit for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and raisins. Mix until all combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Pour the dough into the prepared loaf pan. Spread evenly.
- Add 1 cup of water into the slow cooker.
- Place the pan in the slow cooker, cover with a towel and let it sit for 30 minutes with the slow cooker off.
- After 30 minutes, keep the towel on top of the slow cooker and place the lid on top of the towel.
- Cook on HI for 3 hours 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 205 degrees F with an instant read thermometer.
- Take out of the slow cooker and let it rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the pan and place it on a cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
Leave a Reply